Theatre & Films Productions

A Website for each Mauritian School

website of a Mauritian educational institution

Due to the problem of Swine Flu, Mauritian students are on holidays up till the end of the August month.  Yupi!

However, its not a real holidays. Students have to prepare for the final exams due in the month of October/November. The Ministry of Education, Culture and Human Resources, Mauritius has decided that students are not to attend private tuitions also.

The big issue is that: Students need to have their homework!

And how to get the homework from the school teachers?

To go to school on Friday for eg. in order to take the homework

To email

For those who do not have internet access at home or who do not have a personal PC available, The Government of Mauritius has put into place SMS service: 9045999

Furthermore a telegram service system or being informed by the nearest Police station to collect the homework has been setup.

Last but not the least:

According the Minister Vasant Bunwaree:

Each college should have its own website. From primary to tertiary, each institution should have its own website, this will solve a lot of problems.

Ha! What’s your first reaction to this announcement?

We notice that the ministry has an Internet Usage At School.

Secondly questions like:

How about students who do not have knowledge to use the internet yet?

As far as I remember, it was in Form 5 that I discovered internet and then I explored the passion of web designing by taking part in Website competition organised by the National Computer Board.

How about school teachers who are not used to the internet? will they be able to use the new online website to post homework etc.. effectively?

What about the website itself? On which platform (HTML pages, Open Source e-Learning Platform, existing platform) shall the website be operated?

As far as I am concerned, I am already receiving phone calls from school teachers requesting to have their website setup soon! :D Tant mieux!

19 responses

1. Eski minister conner ki 75% popilatyon pa gagn akce ek internet! Ki problem sa pou resoud si sak lekol ena internet? Ki kaliter si ban lekol la pou ena? En sit ki update sak l’anne avec 2 3 photos so recteur ou manager? Eski lekol ena connaissans web design ek development pou fer so propr sit? Mem prof IT pa conn nanier lor computer moris!!!

22 August, 2009 at 8:17 pm

2. Sun

This is a good idea.. Those who arnt computer litterate will be more prone to be so..
    Good news for webdesigners though! :P

22 August, 2009 at 8:22 pm

• That’s why I have an idea of a National Internet Sensitisation campaign in all mauritian schools via L’internet pour tous :)

22 August, 2009 at 8:25 pm

3. A website for each institution… Vaut mieux tard que jamais…

22 August, 2009 at 8:35 pm

• Welcome to my blog! :D

22 August, 2009 at 8:37 pm

4. Thanks… I’ve always been reading your posts from reader ;) But have not been commenting… I’m just too lazy these day s :$

22 August, 2009 at 8:39 pm

5. ashi

p gagnE bcUp prob ….. pu fr 2vrs ecle..pfffff

22 August, 2009 at 9:20 pm

6. moodyboo

I echo Bruno’s opinion. Nuff said.

22 August, 2009 at 9:36 pm

7. I contacted them by email. Now waiting for the reply and the homework that I’ll never do. :P

22 August, 2009 at 10:25 pm

• pas content faire devoirs….eihnnnn mauvais garcon 8O

23 August, 2009 at 6:58 am

8. It’s a nice thing that the Government took the decision of having a website for each school. As for teachers who are not familiar with Internet, they will soon be or they are because several courses are held on the net also for teachers also like the “Educator’s License”. And then e-learning will be for all students(primary, secondary and tertiary). Internet is also “becoming easier day by day”: I started using the net along with my parents and cousings at Standard One, configured and installed my dial-up modem when I was in Standard 4 and created my first blog when I was in Form 1 :P

22 August, 2009 at 10:35 pm

• I think I’ll be setting up an e-learning platform for your school..but shhhhhhhhh….its not officialised yet.

23 August, 2009 at 6:59 am

9. Pingback: A Website for each Mauritian School « :: Ashesh Ramjeeawon – Blog :: - mauritius news

10. hello Ashesh!
    its good to see that there are some people like you who are taking initiative to help people try finding solution to a disease that treatens everyone, indistinctly, exposed to it.None can deny its presence.Unlike AIDS virus ,which targets peoples leading a specific way of life(example taken without prejudice)flu A H1N1,is a threat that is being faced by each and everyone.this is in turn creating a new dynamic and a new mindset, in terms of vision, is being created.A blessing in disguise ???..for example the significance of Mauritius being a cyberisland is taking its meaning.The only way to avoid a spread of flu is practising what in nursing is called the isolation and non-touch technique+ observation of basic hygienic lifestyle(washing of hands,proper disposal sources of infection etc..).closing schools has been one of major decision.our pc is one of the best tools to reach all those who are not attending schools ,a planned program is to be big question :WHERE ARE ALL THOSE THOUSANDS OF TEACHERS,FIRST TARGETS,TO FOLLOW THE IC3 COURSE ARE TODAY ???USE THESE RESOURCES TO IMPLEMENT VIRTUAL SCHOOLS AROUND MAURITIUS AND RODRIGUES.structures are not lacking,hundreds of teachers have followed the ic3 course.recently it was said all schools and colleges are connected to the internet,so no great investment is needed to start distance learning in had to be dangerous spread of A H1N1 to start distance education here,better late than never!!

23 August, 2009 at 1:10 pm

11. bhavish

on which web site can i have my homeworks?

23 August, 2009 at 4:09 pm

• Hello Bhavish! I am only a fellow developer who can offer your school a website at a competitive price, so that you can download your homework.

23 August, 2009 at 4:33 pm

12. As far as i can tell, it is the best decision the government has taken in terms of education the last 4 years !! ..
    Cheerzz … may they keep it going !! lolzz