The ICT-BPO conference in Mauritius
Image Courtesy: austinevan on Flickr
If you have been following the news recently, for the first time the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology is organizing the ICT-BPO Conference and Networking Forum. The attendees are very high level professionals in the IT Industry coming from diverse background: Private Companies as well as Government bodies. The aims of the conference are to:
- Learn about the capability and track record of Mauritius as an established ICT-BPO location
- Assess how Mauritius can fit in the global delivery model
- Hear industry best practices and lessons learned from leading practitioners
- Assess the Mauritian potential for investment in the ICT-BPO sector
- Visit leading shared services and business service centres
I am pleasantly impressed by the High Quality content on the first day of the conference (http://www.gov.mu/portal/sites/ICTBPO/agenda.htm). Topics include:
- Mauritius: Capitalizing on Opportunities in the New Global Landscape (Gartner Research)
I personally like such type of openings of conference as when you see the research findings, it is interesting to go through the other topics to be discussed during the forum. I was present at a previous conference starting like that: https://asheshr.com/2009/10/01/my-first-international-conference-participation/
- Mauritius: Infrastructure & Technology Development Landscape
- Mauritius: Human Capital Development
- Mauritius: Policy & Regulatory Enabling Framework
- Global Services Trends 2012 and Destination Development and Promotion.
There are very good topics for discussion.
I am impressed again by the very high profile of the speakers which include the CEO of Infosys, Accenture IT (J) etc.
Let’s hope for the expected outcome out of this conference/forum…