Orange Mauritius had a wonderful launch Ad video:
Today Feel reviewing that video again today and also my blog post on iPhone 3G in Mauritius. Well, as requested to Santa Claus, finally got my iPhone 3GS in end-December 2009 . Much of the credit goes to the Practical Training 2009. Only my work colleague knew my dilemma between an HTC and iPhone, the latter more costly than an Android-powered device. I had some quick experience of Android SDK but zero on Objective-C and COCOA and No Macbook .
Well, but finally, my ‘beauté de technologie’ is the beautiful white version for performance reasons and for the evolved number of applications for iPhone!
The only problem that I had upon purchase is the defective charging adapter. The guys at the ‘Service Apres Vente’ at Orange did acknowledge that there was this problem cropping up. I got a new adapter and pouf no problemo since then.
Since then, many changes in my daily computing routine:
- doing emails on iPhone
- event scheduling on Google Calendar via iPhone
- another application do display coming events scheduled when the phone is locked
- a lot of photos and videos taking for events
- enjoying the GPS tracker
- Notes taking
- a real HTML5 compatible browser
- contacts synchronizing (Google Contacts and SIM contacts)
- lots of music/ videos (some videos which I tried to process and video edit on corel videostudio) on iPod
- enjoying Wi-Fi spots in the Réduit campus(though problematic sometimes) and Port-Louis Caudan
and many apps like:
- Shazam – The amazing music discovery engine. This iPhone app permits you to identify music track being played and then store them or share them.
- MxTube – Stream or Download YouTube videos
- QuickOffice – I have my assignments or lecture notes on it. Great if you need to quick modify your project or have your lecture notes with you.
- Games: Need For Speed, FIFA 2010, Rock Band (my favourite)
- BabyScratch – a cool DJ Turntable
and many more to discover and talk on it yet.
Till now, having an iPhone was something that I had always wanted. I can’t stop talking about it or explaining about a cool feature that I have found about. In the future, looking forward to the another revolutionary device: Apple iPad. Many we would change our reading habit and prefer to have an iPad to carry lots of books/ magazine with you and in the morning have your electronic newspaper already downloaded upon purchase and to be read in the slim, shiny device.
I think the Apple Category tag gonna increase in size in the coming future